Polymath 5.1 Build 225
- Installation - This installation
requires special attention. If your POLYMATH did not install
properly, then try to reinstall according to the instructions
- Close all other programs before initiation the installation
- Initiate install by executing setup.exe in the Installation
- During installation process, only update files that are newer
than those that you currently have on your computer.
- Ignore any "Access violation" messages such as
one that may concern riched32.dll, but continue with the installation.
- If you are asked to restart Windows, please do so. Continue
or restart setup.exe after the restart of Windows to complete
Users - If you are having difficulties with POLYMATH
calculations, this may be due to your regional settings for your Windows
operating system. Please go to Start/Settings/Control Panel/Regional
Options/General and specify:
Language Settings: Western Europe and United States
Under Start/Settings/Control Panel/Regional
Options/Numbers - Please make sure that the standard settings are used for
Intrinsic Functions - The fact( ) function for
factorials is inoperative, and the sqr( ) function should not be used as it
returns the square root.
Integration Performance - The
STIFF and STIFFBS integration algorithms in the Ordinary Differential
Equation Solver may not always respond to a Ctrl+ C to abort
command. A Ctrl + Alt + Del should allow Polymath to be stopped,
but the current problem may be lost if it has not been previously
Please report problems to Dr.
M. B. Cutlip.