Symptom:Program has following error message at start up:
Not enough environment space for POLYMATH printing variables.
Printing will not work.
Solution:This error message is triggered when a batch file attempts to set an environment variable but cannot because the shell is out of environment space. We recommend that you set the environment size to be at least 2048. There are a number of ways to do this, one of which is (in Windows 95 or Windows NT 4.0):
1. Open a dos prompt window (if yours opens full-screen, hit Alt+Enter to get a window).
2. Click on the 'Properties' button at the top.
3. At the end of the Cmd line, add the text '/e:2048' (if you've already got this, change the existing number to 2048 or greater).
Another way to do this (for Windows 3.x and Windows95) is:
1) Open the SYSTEM.INI file and find the section "[NonWindowsApp]".
2) Ensure this section contains the following entry:
This size can be adjusted upward...
[ home | overview | order | manuals | support | demos ] support ]